Sunday, April 20, 2008

What her friend says... (I)

At this point i don't have much to say. I cried the whole day today, but slowly I'm trying to accept the fact that bee hooi is no more here. I only know that after grieving we will have to move on with our lives. But as we do our daily work, we'll definitely be reminded of all the things she had said or done. she'll always be remembered as an Angel in our Lives.

I'm very sure she has only left good and sweet memories for us to safe keep. How many of us will be able to do that when we die? She has never wronged anyone, as far as i know. She has never complained or grumbled about the happenings in her life. She has always been strong throughout trials and difficulties in her life. And we should all learn from her. Although she's not here anymore with us, I'm sure her memories will live on forever in us.

I'll miss her dearly and it's never gonna be the same anymore without her. I just can't help but keep questioning myself, have I done enough for bee hooi when she was around? Have i ever done anything to hurt her or displease her? Have i ever forsaken her when she needed help? I hope not. I hope I hadn't been a lousy friend to her. It won't be easy for me to let go and be merry again, but after this, I'll look at life in a different way. Life is indeed so fragile. but as doctors, we tend to forget that ever so often. It's time to sit back and think, have we done enough for our loved ones? If not, start now before it's too late....

I can't sleep tonite. my heart is aching so badly. I dream of bee hooi this afternoon when i took a nap. She was still as beautiful, with all smiles on her face. She looked really happy. I woke up after that o the horrible news of her death. I don't know if it was really bee hooi coming to say goodbye in my dreams or if it's just my mind playing tricks on me cause i've been thinking about her for the past few days....

Dr Choo (26th March 2008)

No comments: