Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Her Friend Says (VII)

It's almost one month since Beehooi's tragic and untimely death,Yet,I still feel her presence in th e dept in my mind's eye all the time.I have learnt things from her too even thou I am much older than her.I think I am now more patient and less critical,and at peace within myself.Thanks to Beehooi for showing me how.

Dr NTan (22nd April)

Bee Hooi, i used to call her Dr Tan (eventhough there're few dr Tan in the department) which sound unfamiliar..as i really respect her as my mentor in all aspects of life.

i was a stranger to everyone when i first stepped into penang hospital at the end of 2005. kind of 'stranger anxiety' i was suffering, shy and anti-social, work-eat-sleep as normal routine, one morning, she delightedly approached me: gan, this is for you! my mum prepared friedrice as breakfast this morning,i ask for extra 1 more person, cause i thought you must be bored eating outside food everyday, let's try homemade food as your family not here...so touched and warm..seriously, i nearly cry...hence she was one of the friends that i would never want to lose...

may her rest in peace, nervana.

Dr Gan (23rd April)

No comments: